And just like that the Halloween madness has begun! We’re kicking off the costumes this year with one of my favorites ever, and you probably already have everything you need to make it. We wanted to show you guys how to make a GIANT Barbie box, and since I already had the matching pink roller skates, Roller Disco Barbie was born! You can make whatever Barbie theme you want (think of how cute Malibu Barbie would be), but to make this costume even easier, we have a download link below to our box design, so you can literally print it out, stick it onto a box, and you’re good to go with this year’s Halloween costume. C’mon Barbie let’s go party!
Large sheets of cardboard
Ruler or tape measure
Hot glue gun
Hot pink wrapping paper (we used this)
“Roller disco” outfit
Roller disco Barbie box print out (download here)
1. Measure and cut out your sheets of cardboard with an exacto knife. We made the front and back of our box 25″ x 46″, the sides 14″ x 46″, and the top 25″ x 14″.
2. Download the roller disco Barbie box print out and have a printing company print it out to scale with the size of the box you made. Cut the design out.
3. Place the print out on the piece of cardboard that will be the front of your box. Trace the inside negative space onto the cardboard with a pencil and cut it out with an exacto knife.
4. Measure and cut out pieces of hot pink wrapping paper to match the size of your box. Repeat with white wrapping paper for the inside of the box.
5. In a well ventilated area, spray the pieces of cardboard with spray adhesive and stick down the paper. Allow to dry completely.
6. Once all of the cardboard is covered with paper, assemble the box using hot glue. Create handles on the inside of the box with duct tape so you can hold it up.
7. Put your roller disco outfit on and put the box around you. You’re now a roller disco Barbie!
Wow this brings me back 😉 Roller Barbie!! Excellent costume – I think we'll share this with our fans
I love your blog !
Your costume was the coolest, and you’re amazingly talented! I wish that I would of seen this before Halloween. I’d dress up in a Superstar Barbie Box. I’m on a big 70s kick 🙂