We’re transporting you back to the 90s today with this throwback slap bracelet DIY! How many of you had some slap bracelets when you were a kid? I know I did! And I definitely think slap bracelets need to make a comeback, so we’re showing you a bunch of different ways so you can make your own and help bring back slap bracelets with this fun twist. After doing some research, I found out I could buy plain slap bracelets online, and from there the possibilities were endless. (Did you know Amazon actually has a really large selection of these bracelets?! How funny!) Get ready to write, glue, and put stickers on these babies because the full how-to is below and we’ve got details to make all 6 of the bracelets that we made!
1. Prep the bracelets by making sure there isn’t any dust or dirt on them.
2. To make a smiley face bracelet, put a thin layer of super glue on the bracelet and cover the whole thing with smiley face stickers. Allow to dry completely. Using your small paintbrush, paint a very thin layer of mod podge over the whole bracelet and allow to dry before using.
3. To make a typography bracelet, place the phrase that you want to write out on the bracelet with letter stickers. Apply a thin layer of mod podge over the whole phrase and allow to dry.
4. To make a 3D typography bracelet, super glue the letters in place on the bracelet and allow to dry completely.
5. To make a flamingo bracelet, super glue the mini flamingos onto the middle of the bracelet. Allow the glue to dry completely.
6. To make a confetti bracelet, use super glue to hold the confetti in place. Paint a thin layer of mod podge over top of the confetti and allow to dry before wearing.