You guys FREAKED OUT over my cotton candy balloons, and I think by now, cotton candy makes an appearance in my posts more than any other sweets (exhibits A, B, and C). So if the saying is true and you ARE what you eat, why not dress up as a giant pouf of cotton candy?! Plus, you can wear all pink so what’s not to love? (And just the general fact that cotton candy is super delicious). This is another really quick costume, so for those of you that may need any last minute ideas, I’m your go-to gal! AND I used the same base dress as the popcorn costume, so you can get TWO costumes out of one dress!! It’s my obligation to get this song stuck in your head while you scroll through this post. You’re welcome! Ha, find the how-to below!
Shift dress (I used this one again)
Polyester fiberfill (here) Note: we used 2 bags of fiberfill but it depends on how much material you are covering
Pink spray paint
Hot glue gun
White paper & red paper for the cone
1. Read this tutorial on how to make cotton candy balloons first. Trust me, it will help! I used almost exactly the same techniques for the costume!
2. Use the spray paint to color your fiberfill. You don’t have to make sure it is all thoroughly coated. Leaving some white spots is definitely okay! Allow to dry completely.
3. While you are waiting for that to dry, roll up a sheet of paper into a cone large enough to sit on top of your head. Cut a long red strip about 1/2″ thick and wrap and hot glue it around the cone in a spiral.
4. Once the fiberfill is dry, hot glue it to your dress. Make sure to use a lot of hot glue so that pieces of the fiberfill don’t fall off.
5. Take a handful of the fiberfill and form it into a cotton candy pouf. You will use this for your headpiece. Hot glue the pouf to a headband and also glue the cone you just made onto the top of the pouf. Secure the headpiece on your head with bobby pins if necessary.
6. You are lookin’ SWEET!
Are you guys enjoying these so far?! I’m definitely having a lot of fun making them! Make sure to check out my Instagram today, I’ll be posting a video of myself dancing in this cotton candy costume and it’s too funny to miss!
P.S. For all of you that don’t LOVE Halloween, I’ll be giving you a break tomorrow with a super delicious dessert recipe! You can thank me later!