Phew! It has been a while since we’ve put out a blog post for you all! It’s been a bit hectic over here this summer, with lots of awesome jobs and projects, but we are back and we are ready to finally dive into FALL projects! Even though it still feels pretty hot here in NYC, you can tell that everyone is ready to break out their scarves and coats and sip some hot apple cider! Which leads me to this week’s project: Pumpkin Pie Shaped Rice Krispie Treats!
I don’t know about everyone else, but I have been dying for the seasons to change so I could start making some of my favorite fall desserts, and what is more fall themed then a pumpkin dessert!? I’ve noticed that there are now more and more pumpkin flavored things than ever before, so why not add one more inspired dessert to that list? This is such a quick project to make and a perfect last-minute dessert to take to all of the Halloween parties happening this year. Let’s get to it!
9″ pie pan
(15 ounces) 1 1/2 bags of marshmallows
5 1/2 cups rice krispies
4 tablespoons of butter
Orange food coloring
Vanilla frosting for optional “whipped cream”
1. Grease your pie pan with vegetable shortening. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted completely, stir in 3/4 of a bag of marshmallows.
3. When the marshmallows have melted, combine in the pan with 2 3/4″ cups of rice krispies.
4. Once the marshmallow mixture and rice krispies are fully combined, carefully pour the mixture into your pie pan and press down and onto the sides of the pan to create the “pie crust.”
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3, adding in a few drops of orange food coloring to the melted marshmallows before combining it with the rice krispies.
6. Fill your pie crust with the orange rice krispie mixture and press down to flatten.
7. Allow your rice krispie pumpkin pie to harden and cool before slicing and topping with vanilla frosting.
Now that I’ve eaten about four slices, I’m definitely ready for a warm slice of real pumpkin pie! Who wants to share? Haha! What other fall favorites would you make into a rice krispie treat? I think we’ll make some more flavors of pie next! And if you’re not into rice krispie treats, how about a pumpkin pie CAKE instead?