August is here in New York City, and it’s so hot we are literally melting! All this crazy hot weather combined with lots of rainy day down time we’ve been having, has given us time to dream up a TON of recipes to keep us cool and happy! And what is the best dessert to keep you chill on a sweltering summer day? That’s right, it’s ICE CREAM! To help make our recipes a reality, we are teaming up with Nestlé to give you some delicious and creative twists on some of their classic brands, because #TheresAnIceCreamForThat!
We threw a party this weekend to celebrate our business, our employees and most of all summer time! Our employees and friends have helped make this business into what it is today, and they are the best people you could ask to have around you! We came up with three super fun and easy recipes for the party and we’re going to be sharing each of them here with you! For our first party recipe we used Edy’s Slow Churned Classic Vanilla to bring back some good old nostalgia from the 90’s! Do you all remember that super cool syrup you could use to cover your ice cream with, that would then instantly freeze into a chocolate shell? I loved being able to make all of my ice cream into a chocolate covered mess! We decided to make our own pink and white versions of it for these awesome ice cream pops that are also inspired by another classic treats from when we were kids, frosted animal crackers! Full on time warp! Haha!
1. Crush 2 cups of frosted animal cookies in a good processor until broken up. Mix the crushed cookies with one pint of Edy’s Classic Vanilla Slow Churned ice cream.
2. Melt the ice cream and pour it into an animal-shaped silicone mold. Place the mold in the freezer overnight until completely frozen.
3. Run the back of the mold until warm water for a few seconds to loosen the ice cream bars. Carefully remove them from the mold and place back in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. While the bars are setting, melt together 1 cup of coconut oil and 2 cups of chocolate melts in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
5. Transfer the coconut oil, chocolate mixture to a tall glass big enough to dip your ice cream bars in. Quickly dip the bars one by one in the chocolate. Note: the chocolate will set up very quickly so you will only have a few seconds to add the sprinkles.
6. Once you’ve added on the sprinkles, return the bars to the freezer and allow them to freeze again before serving! Enjoy!
Talk about super cute and super yummy, right? I was honestly super scared that these wouldn’t turn out well, because it was the first time we ever tried to make one using the homemade chocolate shell mixture, but I think they look great! They also taste super sweet because of the coconut oil, which is definitely an added bonus! I can’t wait to try dipping other treats into this awesome chocolate mixture. If you are thinking of making some pops of your own, you can save $2 when you buy 3 Edy’s or other Nestlé participating ice cream brands with this coupon.
Do you guys remember any other cool desserts from when you were a kid? What else should we dip in this awesome chocolate mixture? Let us know below and stay tuned to see a few more of our awesome recipes!
This post was sponsored by Nestlé. All content and opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support sponsors that make this blog a lot more Aww Sam! You can find more about our sponsorship opportunities here.