Can you tell we are absolutely loving the summer vibes and weather right now? Since we can’t go to the beach everyday, we thought we would make tiny beaches to snack on instead! Since nothing says summer quite like palm trees and sand, we made these cupcakes featuring both, and GUESS WHAT?! They are completely edible too (minus the beach umbrella)! These will definitely add some sunshine to your day if it’s not beach weather! Plus, who can resist a teeny tiny, edible flamingo???
Your favorite cupcake batter
Crushed graham crackers
Vanilla buttercream frosting
Green and brown melting chocolates
Flamingo sprinkles (Wilton brand)
Palm tree mold (here)
Drink beach umbrellas
1. Bake your favorite cupcakes or use plain, store bought cupcakes. We baked vanilla cupcakes from our favorite cake batter.
2. Once the cupcakes have cooled, use vanilla buttercream to frost the top of the cupcakes, forming a circular mound.
3. Crush graham crackers up into a semi-fine dust, then cover the top of the cupcakes with “sand.”
4. Melt your brown and green melting chocolates. Put each color into a piping bag. With your palm tree mold, fill the base and coconuts with brown chocolate. Place the mold in the refrigerator to harden.
5. Fill the rest of the mold up with green chocolate and place back in the refrigerator until the palm trees have hardened completely.
6. Carefully pop the palm trees out of the mold and stick them into the top of the cupcake.
7. Finish off the cupcake with a flamingo sprinkle and a beach umbrella, and there you have it!
Since summer is in full swing now, go check out some of our other beach themed desserts, like our beach vibes pudding cups or our beach themed thumbprint cookies! We love remaking our favorite desserts into summer themes, hopefully we can think of a few more before the season ends! What are your favorite desserts to take to the beach?
These are super cute! I LOVE Graham crackers, so this is right up my alley – and those tiny flamingoes are so adorable!