We’ve been in a bit of a succulent craze here on the blog recently, and we wanted to create a fun dessert based around them.We took a little inspiration from a Summer project we did last year, these Beach Vibes “Dirt” Pudding Cups, and decided to make these rainbow succulent inspired “terrarium” pudding cups! I’ve seen more realistic versions of these online, but we wanted to put our own spin on it and make them much more bright and colorful!
While we were shopping for the living room remodel we came across tons of cool terrariums, and ended up having a few left over after the room was finished. They sure came in handy for this project! Whoever said pudding had to be eaten from a cup, was definitely wrong!
Terrariums (we got ours here)
Butterscotch or chocolate pudding
Pink rock candy
Green, purple, blue, and orange food coloring
1. Dye your fondant dark green, light green, orange, and dark purple to match the colors of succulents.
2. Shape your fondant into different shapes of succulents and small flowers. Allow the fondant to harden for a few hours on a sheet of parchment paper.
3. Crush up 7-8 graham crackers in a blender or food processor. Take the pieces of sugar off of your rock candy sticks and set both aside.
4. Fill the bottom of your terrarium with pudding about 1/3 of the way full. We used about 1 pudding cup per terrarium.
5. Sprinkle the graham cracker on top of the pudding and add the succulents to the top of the graham cracker. Finish off with rock candy around the succulents.
6. Place the pudding cups in the fridge for a few hours to allow them to set, and enjoy!
Talk about a SUCCess! Ha! We had a blast mixing the food coloring into the fondant to find the best looking colors for the succulents, and eating all the leftover supplies as well. Now that we have done two different spins on a “dirt” style pudding cup, what kind should we try next? Let us know in the comments!
I can hardly handle how adorable these little guys are! You could have easily CONVINCED me they were real terrariums 😍
These terrarium pudding are so so cute.