It’s almost here! Easter is so close, and to celebrate, I thought we’d make an Easter version of one of my favorite treats! You all know I love frosted circus animal cookies, and a ton of you loved my Unicorn Frosted Animal Cookies, so I thought making them Easter themed would be a super cute and simple way to celebrate the holiday! And I was totally right! Personally, I think they are almost cuter than my unicorn cookies, and they taste just as good! We decided to use Peeps cookie cutters to make them as Easter-y as possible, do you think it worked? 🙂
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick and 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk
Easter cookie cutters
Hot pink chocolate melts
White chocolate melts
Wire cooling rack
1. Combine the sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat until fluffy. Add in the vanilla, egg, and milk and mix until combined.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and set aside. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and keep mixing until a dough starts to form.
3. Split the dough in half and flatten into two disks. Place the disks on parchment paper and put them in the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Once the dough has chilled, roll it out to 1/4″ thickness and cut out the Easter shapes using a cookie cutter. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
6. Melt one bowl of hot pink chocolate melts and one bowl of white chocolate melts. Place the cookies in the bowls and cover completely with chocolate. Using a slotted spatula, remove the cookies from the chocolate. Place on a wire rack so that any excess chocolate can drip down.
7. Cover the cookie in rainbow sprinkles, allow for the chocolate to dry, and viola!
Aren’t they adorable? I can’t think of a better Easter snack than these delicious cookies and some nice fluffy Peeps. Maybe if you’re feeling daring, or a little crazy, you could make a Easter S’more out of two cookies and a peep! Ha! Especially since it’s already covered in chocolate! Let me know if you try it, or if you make some with another cute bunny cookie cutter!