In the words of Tina Belcher, where are all my smart, strong, and sensual women at?! I’m so excited to be kicking off our Valentine’s/Galentine’s projects this year with this post! We made the male “heartthrob” versions of these cookies years ago, but I wanted to redo them this year to celebrate strong, influential women. I’m so proud of all of the incredible groundbreaking things we as women have been achieving, so here’s to us! It’s obvious that I couldn’t include every single inspiring woman in this post, but I wanted to highlight a few ladies who have pushed me to be even better this year. I hope I included some names who also inspire you!
red and pink fondant
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
small cup of water
letter stamping kit (here)
heart shaped cookie cutter
unused paint brush
1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour and salt, set aside. In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined.
2. Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture and mix until a dough is formed. Split the dough in half and flatten to form disk shapes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Dust your surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. With your heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
4. Roll out your pink and red fondant to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out heart shapes with the same cookie cutter and use your letter stamping kit to stamp the names of celebrity heartthrobs into the fondant.
5. Once your cookies are completely cooled, flip over the fondant heart and apply water to the back of the heart using a small brush. Flip the heart back over and stick it on your cookie.
Who are some of your female role models?? Leave them in the comments below!!! We’re prepping for a huge Galentine’s Day shoot next week and I can’t wait to include these cookies in the party! Here’s to women kicking even more butt and taking names in 2018!
These are gorgeous! My biscuit letter stamps are my favourite things to play with, but i usually just stamp straight onto the cookies – i’ve never even thought about stamping onto fondant! It looks SOOO much better 😂
Indya || The Small Adventurer
I love uR ideas
Follow me on IG @aDorree.caiah_