If you’ve been around here long enough, you’ll know that one of my mottos is that sprinkles make everything better! (Especially rainbow sprinkles 😉 ) And since statement earrings are everywhere this Spring, I thought I’d apply my motto to them too and show you how to make DIY sprinkle earrings! If you have a hot glue gun and some sprinkles you don’t need much more to make these either because guess what?! They’re made out of HOT GLUE!!! Betcha didn’t know you could make easy jewelry out of a melted hot glue stick! Grab your favorite rainbow sprinkles and let’s get making.
Mod podge gun or hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks
Jewel silicone mold (here)
Earring backs (we got our at the local craft store)
Small metal jewelry rings
1. Plug in your mod podge gun or hot glue gun and allow to heat up. Pour your sprinkles into the jewelry mold.
2. Once the hot glue is fully heated, start putting the glue into the mold over the sprinkles. Start in the middle of the mold and make your way around the sides.
3. Once the sprinkles are covered entirely with hot glue, hit the mold on the table gently to get out any air bubbles. Allow the hot glue to dry for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the hot glue piece from the mold and repeat these steps until you have enough pieces to make a set of earrings.
5. Using the hot glue gun once again, place a dab of glue on an earring back and attach to the back of the earring.
6. Poke a hole through the bottom of one hot glue gem and the top of another hot glue gem to attach the two pieces.
7. Using a pair of pliers, open up your metal jewelry rings and thread them through the holes you just created. Attach as many gems together to get larger statement earrings. Put your earrings on and rock those sprinkles!
What kind of sprinkles would you use? I think out of the ones that I made the pastel rainbow pair is my favorite! The colors are just so perfect for Spring!!