If you guys peep our Instagram stories often, you’ll have seen the glitter tattoo I got at the Macy’s event I hosted last weekend. So many of you requested a glitter tattoo DIY tutorial that we decided to do one! I bet you can’t guess what today’s post is about then. 😉 These are such a fun alternative to regular temporary tattoos, and they’re super easy to do yourself too! Now I know a glitter explosion is basically the worst thing that could ever happen too a crafter, but if you follow all of the steps below, the glitter shouldn’t get anywhere but on your super cool, new temporary tattoo!
1. Using an exacto knife, cut out a template with the adhesive vinyl. Templates with many intricate details are harder to glitter, so try to stick to something more simple with larger shapes.
2. Peel the backing off of the vinyl and stick it where you want on your skin.
3. Apply the temporary tattoo glue thinly to your skin. Allow to dry until it just barely turns clear.
4. Using a make up brush, apply the glitter over the glue you just put down. Do this step over the garbage can or a tray so you don’t get glitter everywhere. Let the glue dry for 30 seconds more before shaking off any excess glitter.
5. Slowly peel the vinyl off of your skin to reveal your new glitter tattoo. To remove the tattoo, simply rub away with soap and hot water. The tattoo should last for 3-4 days.
In case any of you are wondering, yes I did leave the studio with my arms covered in tattoos. Ha! And surprisingly, a lot of people loved them! The pineapple got the most love though I think. Which one is your favorite?