One of my all-time favorite kinds of cookies are FUNFETTI! First of all, sugar cookie dough is sooo easy to make (so they’re perfect for late-night baking), and the addition of tons and tons of rainbow sprinkles just takes them to another level. Second, you can never go wrong with cookies. If you haven’t guessed it already, today we’re sharing our favorite sugar cookie recipe AND a way to transform them into rainbow unicorn funfetti cookies! And since we’re all about one-upping ourselves, imagine how incredible these would be with ice cream sandwiched in between them. I’m drooling just thinking about it! One question before we get started: what’s YOUR favorite kind of cookie?!
Lots of rainbow sprinkles
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Once they are combined, add in the vanilla and eggs and mix together.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough starts to stick together.
3. Add the rainbow sprinkles gently into the dough. Whenever I add the sprinkles to this recipe, I usually just eyeball it and keep adding sprinkles until it looks like all of the dough is covered.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using a tablespoon, scoop up the dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5. Once the dough has chilled, using your tablespoon or a spatula, press down gently on the dough to flatten it a little bit. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until they turn golden in color.
6. Remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool, and enjoy!
Don’t mind me, I’ll be finishing off the rest of these as an afternoon snack today! Ha! And if you’re not the biggest fan of sugar cookies, check out this chocolate chip cookie cereal. But I have to warn you, you’re going to be SUPER hungry afterwards. 😉