You know how crazy we are for pom poms, and after seeing the pom pom earring craze sweep across Instagram, I thought we could give you a fun Galentine’s Day gift idea with these heart pom pom earrings! First of all, did you know pom pom makers exist? And second of all, did you know HEART pom pom makers exist?! That’s right, we made these with a nifty little maker, so they’re super easy to do too! P.S. If you’re not into the heart shape, my friend at Marley & Alfie makes these super cute round pom pom earrings. 😉
1. Wrap yarn around all of the prongs on one end of the pom pom maker. Make sure to not over-wrap the maker and cover up the prongs completely. Repeat with other half of the maker.
2. Tie a string tightly around the middle of the maker. Using a sharp pair of scissors, snip the yarn down the middle of the pom pom maker.
3. With another string, tie an even tighter knot around the middle of the pom pom maker.
4. Remove the pom pom from the maker and trim the pom pom so that it resembles a heart more closely.
5. Once the pom pom is trimmed, thread the earring back through the middle of the pom pom. The loop on the earring back should catch in the middle and stay in place.
6. Wear on your ears or gift to a friend for Galentine’s Day!!!
Photos by Kyle Larsen
Shake your pom poms! How many of you have a gal pal that would love to get these for Valentine’s Day?! I’ll take two more pairs in red and lilac please!