If you guys have been around here long enough, you’ll know that I don’t wear pants often, and when Winter rolls around it’s time for me to break out the tights! I love a good embellishment and bold, bright colors, but those things aren’t always the easiest to find in tights. So I was super excited when HUE reached out to do a Holiday collaboration together. They seriously have the most fun colors of tights, socks, and leggings (plus they’re sooo warm for those chilly Winter days)! We’re showing you four, count ’em FOUR, different ways to jazz up your tights this Winter, and if you hadn’t guessed it already, we’re using a lot of pink and a lot of pom poms! Are you all ready to have the cutest legwear around?! Let’s get started!!
1. Cut both pairs of tights down the middle seam.
2. Using a needle and thread, sew both colors together and fasten off with a knot.
3. Rock those two-tone tights!
Pom Pom Tights
HUE tights in metallic ribbed
White pom poms and mini pom poms
1. Place a large rectangle of cardboard in the tights to stretch them out as you glue.
2. Using craft glue, place pom poms all over the tights. Allow to dry completely.
3. Repeat on the back of the tights. Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours before wearing.
Glitter Knee Patch Tights
HUE variegated tights in catalina blue
Gold glitter iron on sheet
1. Place a large rectangle of cardboard in the tights to stretch them out as you iron.
2. Cut out a unicorn shape in the gold glitter iron on sheet.
3. Place the unicorn in the area where your knees would go on the tights.
4. Iron the applique on using the instructions on your iron on sheet. Allow to cool before wearing.
Pink Ombre Tights
HUE classic rib tights in ivory
Pink fabric dye
1. Tape off the tights in the areas where you want the darkest color and lightest color to end.
2. Prepare your fabric dye per the instructions on the box.
3. Dip all of the tights in the dye for 10 minutes.
4. Remove 1/3 of the tights from the dye and let the rest soak for 10 minutes. Remove another 1/3 of the tights and let the rest soak for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the tights from the dye completely and rinse until the water runs clear. Hang up the tights to dry.
What are you favorite color of tights for Winter? I’m always wearing pink (of course!) or silver tights. These are the perfect projects to make with your friends or if you need something special to wear to your next Holiday party! Hope you enjoyed all of the ideas and make sure to show us your versions with #HowIHUE!
This post was sponsored by HUE. All content and opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support sponsors that make this blog a lot more Aww Sam! You can find more about my sponsorship opportunities here.