Did you guys know that you can MAKE your own nail wraps?! If you haven’t figured it out yet I’m crazy about nail art, but I can never seem to do it on my own nails, and we all know it’s already hard enough to do one color of polish with our non-dominant hand. Ha! So when method challenged us to come up with a project for their #fearnomess campaign, we wanted to bust out the polish, make a mess, and create some do-it-yourself TIE DYE nail wraps. Talk about a blast from the past! Raise your hand if you used to rock tie dye t-shirts in the 90s. Well if you haven’t heard, the 90s are totally coming back, and your nails will definitely be on trend. Plus, you won’t have to worry about getting polish all over your fingers (we all have those bad polish days!) because method’s non-toxic hand soap is here to help you out!
Base coat and top coat
Nail polish in rainbow colors
Nail art brush
method pink grapefruit hand soap
1. Place a piece of parchment paper on your work surface. Trace the fake nails onto the parchment paper.
2. Apply a thick coat of white nail polish inside the nail shape you just traced. Allow to dry.
3. With your nail art brush and one color of polish, apply little strokes in a spiral shape on top of the white polish.
4. Use the nail art brush to put another color next to the one you just applied, also in a spiral shape. Continue this until you’ve used all of your rainbow colors and the nail is filled with color.
5. Allow the nail wraps to dry for 1 hour. After they are dry, carefully peel up the edge with small tweezers.
6. Prep your nails by pushing back cuticles, filing and shaping nails, and removing any previous polish.
7. Apply an even base coat over your nails and place the nail wrap on top of it while it’s still wet. Press down to make sure it’s stuck to your nail and allow to dry completely.
8. Once the base coat has dried and the nail wrap is stuck to your nail, use a nail file to remove any excess nail wrap pieces around the nail.
9. Apply a top coat and allow to dry completely. Wash off any excess polish or nail wrap pieces with method pink grapefruit hand soap!
Project execution: Nova Megantara| Concept, Styling, and Photography: Aww Sam
How totally groovy~~~ are your nails now?! And the best part is that you can use this nail wrap tutorial to make ANY kind of nail wraps. Go crazy fun with it, I can’t wait to see what designs you come up with!