Did you guys ever have those BFF necklaces when you were younger? I loved those things, so I set out to make a modern emoji heart version that you can give your gal pals for a cute secret Santa gift! And it’s super easy to make in case you’re in need of a last minute gift, all you procrastinators. Even if you don’t make it in time for Christmas, this one is good all year ’round, so your BFF’s birthday would be perfect too! Get the how-to below and save yourself from having to brave the crazy stores this time of year!!
Sculpey clay in hot pink and yellow
Sculpey gloss glaze
Small heart cookie cutter (here)
1. Roll out your hot pink clay to 1/4″ thickness. Using the cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes.
2. Clean up the edges of the heart with a clay tool. With a sharp knife or a knife clay tool, cut a zig zag down the middle to make a broken heart. Again, clean up the edges.
3. Roll out the yellow clay to 1/8″ thickness and cut out diamond shapes relative to the size of your heart. Place them on the heart and press down gently.
4. With your wire, make small loops and push them into the top of the heart.
5. Bake your clay using the directions on the box. Once the clay is done baking, allow to cool completely and put a layer of glaze over the hearts.
6. Tie a string or add a chain and give your BFF one half of the necklace!