Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, how lovely are your tacos? I couldn’t wait to do that. Ha! That’s right folks, we made TACO HOLIDAY ORNAMENTS! And guess what, they only take 10 minutes to make! Which means you can make them for everyone in your family if you’re in need of a last minute gift, AND still have time left to bake a batch of cookies or watch the new episode of your favorite TV show. We’ve already done burgers, pineapple, and fruits, so why not continue our food theme with another food-shaped ornament DIY! Trust me, this one is super easy and a fun project to do with the kids this year. Find the how-to below, guac’s on me!
Felt in green, red, and yellow
Small brown pom poms
Hot glue gun
1. Trace small oval shapes onto your yellow foam. Cut them out.
2. Using a hole punch, punch a hole on one side of the pieces you just cut out. This will be for hanging.
3. With your green, red, and yellow felt, cut out lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese that are relative to the size of you foam “taco shell.”
4. Stick the felt lettuce piece on top of the foam shell and fold in half. Hot glue the lettuce to the shell.
5. Insert the toppings in the shell and on top of the lettuce and hot glue in place. Use brown pom poms for the meat, scattering them throughout your taco.
6. Once everything is glued together, insert fishing line through the hole you created in the shell and make a loop. Tie off and trim the ends of the loop and hang your new taco ornaments on your tree!
Taco ’bout a fun ornament for your tree this year! What food ornament do you guys want to see next? There are only a few more weeks before Christmas, but I’m thinkin’ we can squeeze in one more before tree-season is over!