Let’s get down to the important question here: cheesecake, pie or cake? Now, even though it has the word “cake” in it, cheesecake is a pie in my mind because of the pie crust. Really it should just be called a cheesepie. Ha! Anyways, now that we know my take on the matter, I wanted to show you a colorful way to make a “pie” for Thanksgiving, and what better way to do that than to funfetti the living daylights out of it! I’m talking, funfetti filling, funfetti crust, AND funfetti toppings! Funfetti all of the things. Plus, have I talked yet about how this is an Oreo crust?? Well it’s just that! And I don’t think I’ve ever had a better crust. It tastes like a birthday cake, which is super confusing to the mind, but extremely rewarding for your taste buds. Let’s get to it, we’ve got some color to add to your Thanksgiving celebrations!
3 cups crushed golden oreos
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
24 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup sprinkles
8 oz cool whip
1. Using a food processor crush Oreos until you get three cups of crumbs. Combine with melted butter and sprinkles and mix together.
2. With a 9″ spring form pan, press the mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Place in the refrigerator or freezer so that it hardens.
3. Allow the cream cheese to reach room temperature and combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla.
4. Fold in the cool whip and sprinkles.
5. Pour the filling over the Oreo crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Top with more sprinkles.
7. Refrigerate for 2-3 or until firm.
8. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and use your favorite frosting to pipe around the outside. Serve and enjoy!
You’ll definitely be everyone’s hero if you show up to the party with a couple of these babies. Seriously though, you’ll be wishing you could just eat a cup of this Oreo crust by itself. It’s THAT good!
I'm so picky with cheesecake, but this one has definitely captured my heart!<3
Vegetarian Courtesy ♥ CheesePapas
Omgggg I'm making this TONIGHT.
Recently made this, twice, and it was a hit. Absolutely delicious and super easy to make!!