I told you we had some ice cream up our sleeves this week (not literally, of course)! And since candy corn is one of the most controversial foods, with myself being one of the haters, I was determined to make something candy corn-related that could be loved universally. Once I found out candy corn is basically just corn syrup, vanilla, and sugar, I realized I could make a really easy no-churn candy corn ice cream without all of that waxy feel and taste. AND we teamed up with Melissa from Design, Eat, Repeat to bring you a free, printable candy corn ice cream cone wrapper! Grab a scoop and get the download link at the bottom of the post! (And set aside some time, you’ll be spending it all on Melissa’s site. There are so many fun, free printables over there)!!
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Yellow, orange, and white sprinkles
Yellow and orange food coloring
Candy corn for garnish
1. Put the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
2. Add in the condensed milk, honey, and vanilla extract and whisk until stiff peaks form once again. Fold in half a cup of candy corn colored sprinkles.
3. Split the mixture into three equal parts. With the orange food coloring, color 1/3 orange, and do the same with the yellow. Leave 1/3 white.
4. Pour all three mixtures into a large ice cream container or a pan (I used a bread pan). Take a wooden skewer and swirl the three colors together to create a marbled effect. Make sure not to mix them together too much, or the colors will blend and you will not have three distinct colors.
5. Put in the freezer and allow to freeze at least 6 hours or overnight before serving. Top with more sprinkles and candy corn (or make into a milkshake) and enjoy!
You’ll definitely be feeling differently about candy corn after tasting this ice cream. And maybe there wouldn’t be as much controversy if everyone ate candy corn this way, because it’s SO GOOD!