Taking a break from all of the Halloween craziness to show you the easiest way to make the most sought after breakfast item, THE CRUFFIN! That’s right folks, it’s exactly what you think it is, a croissant and a muffin in one. This phenomenon started at one of the most Instagrammed places, Mr. Holmes Bakehouse, but since most of us can’t get there (or at least can’t wait in the enormous line) to get one of these babies, I’m going to show you a method to make them that only takes 5 minutes prep time! Homemade crescent roll dough takes hours/days to make, but this is one recipe that you can get up, make, and enjoy in the same day by using a little secret I like to call store-bought dough. I promise, they’ll still be just as good! Let’s get baking, you’re going to want these for breakfast!
Pillsbury crescent roll dough sheet
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter
A little bit of flour
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin pan.
2. Lightly flour your surface and spread out the crescent roll dough on top of the flour. Cut the dough horizontally into 4 equal parts. Starting at one of the ends, put a piece of chocolate on the dough and roll it up until you get to the other end.
3. Stretch out the dough horizontally so that the roll becomes thinner and is easier to wrap into a cruffin shape. Wrap up the dough into a spiral-like shape and place into the muffin pan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until top starts to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. While the cruffins are cooling down, combine your cinnamon with your sugar in a small bowl.
5. Roll each cruffin while it is still warm in the melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Allow to cool completely.
6. Toast your marshmallows and place them on top of the cruffin.
These were quickly devoured within minutes after being made, so make sure to make extra! They have the consistency and shape of the muffin, but all the buttery goodness of a croissant. Basically the best of both worlds. Plus, they’re filled with chocolate so they’re already irresistible!! And for all of you Halloween-lovers, we’ll be back with more costumes and fun next week, so stick around!