I know, I know, I promised I wouldn’t do another Halloween costume today, but after I finished making this one I was so OBSESSED that I couldn’t resist! I thought the cotton candy was my favorite, but this one goes to even greater heights! Literally. I’ve got my head in the clouds now. Someone stop me, I could keep going with these puns forever. HA! Anyways, this one involves a little more work, but it’s totally worth it. I mean, you get to wear a bunch of balloons on your head. That’s all we really want in a Halloween costume, right?! Hope you’re just as crazy about this as I am! Find the how-to below!
Chipboard or cardboard
Hot glue gun
9″ white balloons
Assorted colors of 12″ balloons
1. Cut out strips of chipboard that are 1 1/2″ wide. I used 10 horizontal strips and 32 vertical strips total. Weave the strips together until you have a 80″ x 20″ woven board.
2. Fold the board into 4ths and hot glue the ends together so that you have a 20″ x 20″ woven basket.
3. Using ribbon, measure from the inside of the front of the basket, over your shoulders, and to the inside of the back of the basket for the straps. Hot glue the straps to the basket.
4. Inflate eight 9″ white balloons for the “sand bags” and attach them around the bottom of the basket with hot glue.
5. For the headpiece, inflate balloons and tie them securely around a headband.
6. Get ready to lift off!
I hope you’re enjoying these!! Which one has been your favorite so far, and which one are you dying to make this year? Also, don’t forget to follow along on Instagram with the hashtag #awwsamcostumeparty and tag your own if you end up making an Aww Sam costume!
This is so cute!! Halloween is the best and I love your puns. Hahaha
Vegetarian Courtesy ♥ Cheese with Papas
Do you have to use helium for the coloured balloons???
Just wondering, also, adorable DIY
Hi! Thank you!
Yes, you have to use helium. I have a helium tank I bought from the party store, or you could just get some balloons blown up a few hours before you go out! 🙂
Thanks, I thought so. I think I ve just found my Halloween costume.
Where did you get the chipboard? My 10 year old loves this costume.
We got the chipboard at our local craft store, Blick. You should be able to find it at most craft or paper stores! xoSam