You guys all know how much I love pineapples, donuts, and all things fun. Sooo I was super excited when I was contacted by Olive & Piper to collaborate on a DIY jewelry tray! Olive & Piper is an online jewelry boutique in Canada that loves things that sparkle and want to brighten your mood with each piece of jewelry. They currently have the most adorable pineapple-shaped goodies and some tassle earrings you’re going to love! (And they share my love of puns…their blog is called “Olive This”)!
Now, I’ve been desperately in need of a jewelry tray, but I had a hard time finding one I absolutely loved. So I thought I would show you how to make a really easy jewelry tray by using a cookie cutter, so you can customize and personalize yours and make it any shape you want! The way you store your jewelry is about to get a whole lot cuter!
Cookie cutters (I got all of mine from here)
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the scupley to 1/4 of an inch thick.
2. Use the cookie cutter to cut the sculpey. Then, use the rolling pin to flatten out the sculpey a little more, making it slightly larger than the cookie cutter.
3. Drape the shape over the cookie cutter, pressing down in the middle to curve the jewelry tray inwards.
4. Leave the sculpey on top of the cookie cutter and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and all to dry completely.
5. Paint the tray with acrylic paint and put a clear finish on once the paint has dried!
How fun is this?! I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with! I think a unicorn jewelry dish would be really fun. And don’t forget to go check out Olive & Piper, you know you need that pineapple necklace now!
Use code OLIVEAWWSAM to get 20% off of your Olive & Piper orders until September 9th!
Such little cuties. Wonderful work 🙂 Pinning!