Since it’s National French Fry day, I thought I’d deliver you some awful fry puns and free printables! Now, I am a HUGE french fry lover, but something I love even more are cookies shaped like other foods. This isn’t my first time making french fry cookies, but I recently found that crinkle cutters for making crinkle french fries exist, and I thought using this on cookie dough would be a super easy way to make crinkle “fry” cookies. Don’t forget to download your free printable french fry containers and let everyone know how much you love fries! (Download link at the bottom of the post)
You can even make condiments that go with your cookies; like frosting “ketchup” or caramel “BBQ sauce.” I dipped mine in frosting and covered them in rainbow sprinkles because we all know how much I love color and rainbow sprinkles! I made my cookies mini too, so they’re the perfect size for dipping and munching!
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– French fry crinkle cutter (I bought mine here)
1. Beat butter until fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt, set aside. Add sugar to butter and beat until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually until flour is just incorporated and dough sticks together when squeezed with fingers.
2. Form 2 disks with dough, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for a least an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. On a lightly floured surface, roll out disk to 1/4 inch thickness. Use crinkle cutter and cut strips for fries, and transfer to baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Bake until golden for 13 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before assembly.
Make sure to get your fill of french fries today! I know a few places are giving away free fries today (yes, FREE french fries) so do some googling for your area and get on that! I’ll hopefully be getting my fill of real fries today, but until then these french fry cookies will be making their way into my stomach!