Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you’re all taking this time to relax, kick back, and eat s’mores (or s’mores donuts after you see this post)! I have some donuts left over from this post, so I know what I’ll be snacking on later. A sparkler in one hand and a s’mores donut in the other. In case you’re in need of some last fireworks-watching sweets for tonight, don’t worry because I’m here to show you a super easy way to amp up your favorite campfire treat: with glazed donuts, obviously!
My 4th of July celebrations happened early yesterday when I used up about 20 sparklers trying to take this photo! Ha! I also didn’t have a lighter, so this involved me lighting the sparklers on the stove burner and quickly running back to where I had the camera set up to take the photo. Oh, the things I will do to get a good photo! (All you other bloggers know what I’m talking about). I wish I had someone filming the whole thing, you all would have had a laugh.
– Glazed donuts (You can use store bought ones to make your s’mores making easier)
– Graham crackers
– Your favorite chocolate!
It’s really that easy!
1. Cut the donut in half.
2. Crush up some graham cracker and sprinkle it on the top half for extra crunch.
3. Toast your marshmallows to your liking and put them on the bottom half of the donut. I like mine slightly burnt.
4. Put graham crackers and chocolate on top of the marshmallows and close with the top half of the donut!
5. Sit around the campfire, watch some fireworks, and enjoy!
My guy is out of town, which means no real celebration for me, so I’m actually going to try to relax for the rest of the day (which for me means pizza and Chef’s Table on Netflix tonight, and s’mores donuts of course)! Have fun everyone, and don’t let the cloudy weather on the east coast get you down!
If you need another cute donut dessert for tonight, check out my mini donut hamburger post!